Total Pageviews

Friday, September 27, 2013

Digging For The Good Stuff

This little jewel was buried under uninteresting stuff!

Like gold and diamond miners, sometimes you gotta really dig for the valuable bling! Seriously, when was the last time you saw diamonds lining your sidewalks, or those same sidewalks secured by gold? I thought so.

I stopped in at Plato's Closet the other night. A half hour away from my house, when I get to stop there, I really do a dig, as I don't know when the next visit will be. Plato's gets so many things in, their racks and bins are always a mess, no matter how much they straighten.

Instead of doing a quick perusal of the store, I stopped and dug into the bins at the register, where they put loose bracelets and rings. Nothing on top looked good to me, so I started picking things up so I could look allll the way under the top layer. Result? That gorgeous tortoise shell bracelet, plus two others that are fabulous, yet were unseen at first glance.

Bolstered by these finds, I strolled over to check out the handbags. Oh, my goodness. What a MESS!

Looking at (again) that top layer, nothing interested me. The mess was pretty overwhelming. Wait, what was that? A beautiful gold chain? I dug and dug and unearthed a breathtaking gold purse! Who has 2 thumbs and has wanted a large gold tote/handbag for forever? THIS GIRL! The icing on the cake? A $10 price tag! SOLD!

My 3 bracelets and purse cost me a grand total of $20 and tax. I was thrilled, and once again convinced that digging for the good stuff pays off!!

We don't always have time for a dig like that. You may be running into a thrift store on your lunch hour, or on the way to another appointment. That's ok, sometimes the good stuff IS out in the open. If you get the chance though, give your resale shops a good dig every now and then.

You'll be richly rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment