Total Pageviews

Friday, August 16, 2013

Hocking Hills Goodies


I've been a little MIA lately, sorry Thriftnerds. Life has gotten in the way a bit.

I DID want to let you guys know about some nicely priced bling I picked up at an antique store down in Hocking this past weekend. Claire was gone, so we took advantage of the time and had a very nice little mini-vacay all by ourselves. Saturday morning we headed down and checked out an antique mall/flea market off 33 in Lancaster. Even if we'd not bought a thing, it would have been a great day. We so rarely get to go just hang out in fun spots, so this was a treat.

After indulging in some fabulous peanut butter yogurt covered pretzels (drooling just thinking about them), we got this lovely bracelet from one of the coolest antique stores I've ever seen. It's brass, so of course it was very tarnished (brown!). Giving it a good cleaning with my brass polish revealed it to be beautiful. The patterned etching leads me to believe it might be from the '30's........kind of an art deco design. It was only $2.50, quite a deal. I also got this ring from a new trinket store in the mall. Gold pattern with marcasite beads down the center, and only $16.

My antiquing also turned up a gorgeous brooch and earring set that will go perfectly with Claire's homecoming dress, and a special goodie for my secret sister. I don't think we spent more than $40 all told, even with the pretzels.

I was so happy with the purchases. Finding things that fill the bill with just a little bit of $$, plus the fact that my sweet husband and I got to relax and enjoy each other's company, made for a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment