Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back


Oh, the best laid plans. Ain't life great? You truly don't know what to expect from one day to the next. You can do your best and plan ahead, but ultimately.........yeah. We all end up surprised in one form or another.

Last month I wrote about paying off our debts. You guys were all so sweet with your nice comments.

We thought we were home free, and truly ready to start Claire's senior year with a fresh slate. I was also preparing to have major surgery.

Last week, we found out that, starting in September, we'll be having a budget shortfall of $850 per month. Not sure for how long.

So, what do you DO when you find this stuff out? Well, in my case? I start out by having a good cry.

Then, I count my blessings. We DID pay our debts off. We were much better off than we would have been had we received this shocking news a month ago.

And finally, I get out the budget and do a little math.

Things will be tight. The big plans we'd had are either falling by the wayside for a while, or else we're thinking up creative but cheap alternatives. I'm going to put off my surgery.

But you know what? When all is said and done, I'm anticipating a gigantic learning experience. We did everything WE were supposed to do, and life STILL got in the way. So, we have a game plan, and we punt. Claire will still have a fabulous senior year.

And I'll be here to chronicle every single, frugal step.



No comments:

Post a Comment