Total Pageviews

Friday, December 21, 2012

Bangin' Bangle Friday: Apocalypse Edition

Nope, still here............guess I need to write a post!

You girls who wear silver jewelry?  You're so darn lucky.  It's easy to find inexpensive stuff that LOOKS expensive.  I'm not too proud to admit I'm jealous of you guys.  My daughter is just one of the lucky ladies who can rock the silver and look fabulous.  She tells me all the time I look good in it too............but she's just being nice.  Unless I have gold mixed with silver, the result is the same as when I wear black or grey next to my face: Walking Dead: The Pasty Blonde Girl.

I've told you I 'stalk' stuff at the store.........watching items for weeks until they get marked down enough to justify a purchase along with my milk and bread.  Well, sometimes I stalk things because..........well, I'm drawn to them and I'm just not sure they're right for me.

Case in point: today's bangin' bangle is a silver cz bracelet.  Super SUPER sparkly.  Like a moth to a flame, I am forever drawn to the bling.  This pretty little thing was on the clearance rack at Kohl's.  I saw it, admired it, put it back.........but couldn't get it out of my mind.  Boy, was it pretty.  I continued to think of it, and visit it every so often.  Yes, it was still there on the clearance rack.  Yes, it was marked down a great deal.  Yes, it was SILVER.  I knew it would look poopy by itself on me, no matter how sparkly it was.  Sigh.

Finally, I had a little talk with myself.  I stack my bangles; why not stack the silver with the gold?  I had several prime candidates for stacking already.........this wouldn't necessitate another purchase on my part (thus negating the clearance price).  Plus, it would look lovely with my gold watch.  Just get the silly thing already, Erin!!




I've not regretted this purchase one bit.  It always looks lovely with my gold.  I just wish I could remember how much I paid for it!  I know it was probably about $5.........not bad for an originally expensive bangle!

No comments:

Post a Comment