Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Goodwill Gold

I love when we strike it rich at a thrift shop.

I posted several blogs ago about how we'd already gotten Claire's winter dance dress.  Kinda fell into it at Toujours here in Delaware, on the clearance rack for $8.  HOWEVER, I'm not posting pics of it until she wears it.  Patience, my pretties.

I WILL, however, post pictures of the fabulous accessory for the dress.  Last night, on a Goodwill run, I found this BRAND NEW WITH TAGS satin clutch,  in grey with rhinestones.  Marked down by it's original store for the bargain price of $22.90, I got it for $4.99. 

Friends, this is 'Goodwill Gold.'  It DOES exist (unlike Narwals);  you just need patience.  You also need an open mind, as I ran into Goodwill last night NOT for a grey satin clutch, but for a new everyday purse for my mother in law.  Hers is about ready to fall apart, and she loves bargains just like I do, so I thought I'd find her a new one.  Well, not that trip.

Unlike shopping at the mall, you can't run into a thrift store and get exactly what you're looking for.  Ok, maybe 1 time out of 10 you can, but usually you find something else that you've been looking for.   I'm sure you will agree that THIS purchase is breathtaking.  Plus, it's brand new.





 
Let's keep a 'winter dance ensemble' tally, shall we?  Dress for $8.  Purse for $5.  Marvelous heels (also from Goodwill) $3.29.  I think we'll have to take the dress to Lucinda's, but if it's going to be $35 for alterations...........yeah, we'll come out on top.

And Claire will shine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment