Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Serendipity..........or Gigantic DUH



Am I the only one who reads a unbelievably easy but marvelous tip and hits her head with her hand, saying 'WELL DUH!' Why can't I come up with that on my own? Must I always be spoon fed?

Thankfully, every now and then I myself get hit with the easy but awesome. Human nature being what it is, I tend to forget those more than the negative stuff :P

Case in point: today's lovely DIY bracelet. It's actually a necklace that I bought from Goodwill, hoping to take apart and make a bracelet. I bought it for $1, brought it home, sat in my TV chair (I do my jewelry making while turning my mind to goo) and absent-mindedly started wrapping it around my wrist. Low and behold, it fits! It looks great with my old Forever 21 brown boho ring, too.

I've tried wrapping necklaces around my wrist as a bracelet before, but they're either painfully tight or waaaaayyyy too long. This time, it worked! It sounds numbingly easy, and you're probably thinking, 'did she really waste a blog post on this?', but now I'm intrigued and want to go back and look through my necklaces again.........

If this has never occurred to you, because you're too busy working through string theory or just matching up your toddler's socks...........you're welcome oxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment