Total Pageviews

Friday, March 15, 2013

Bangin' Bangle Friday 3/15: Diamond In The Rough



When Michael surprised me Monday by taking me to the Goodwill in Marion, I got this bracelet for $2. It's that lovely matte finish gold that looks far more expensive that it actually is. I love that, and also the finish keeps the yellow gold from looking too 'precious,' as is often the case. Must be the rebel/rocker in me, but I like when something is added to yellow gold jewelry to make it look rougher. That's a big reason I love the gold and silver combo.

This is a small bracelet, so I will wear it with a watch, or possibly with other bracelets on my right wrist. Kickin' it up a notch, ya know.

The Marion Goodwill is one of the most misleading-looking thrift stores out there. No offense Marion, but your Goodwill doesn't look like anything special. You really gotta dig for the good stuff, but if you do, I promise you won't be disappointed. If you go, PLEASE check out the jewelry in the glass cases at the register. The stuff is incredible, I ALWAYS find something I have to have, and it's CHEAP. Word evidently hasn't gotten out yet on the treasures here! One of my first blog posts had to do with the large link silver and gold bracelet I got here for $3. It rivals that almost $100 beauty from J. Crew.

The Marion Goodwill is in the same shopping center as Cici's Pizza, and is right next door to Big Lots. We love the restaurants in Marion, and going to the Goodwill afterwards was a great way to work it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment