Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Toned Legs (Hopefully!) For Little $



There are varying views on the 'toning' footwear, like Fit Flops or Tone Ups. Some people rave about them and swear by them, others hate them. I have always wanted a pair, but they are expensive. The shoes can run on average $100, and the flip flops about $50. That's a lot of scratch to pay for something that may not be comfortable!

Monday, when my sweet hubby surprised me by taking me to Goodwill, I found a pair of Skechers Tone Ups flip flops in suede. Barely used, they were $3.29. I took them home and ran them through a hot washer, and they look brand new. They fit perfectly and are super comfortable. I am hoping they are comfortable enough for lots of walking, as I have always wanted a cool, comfortable alternative to sneakers during the summer.

If they're not? I'm out $3.29. I may have to walk a few miles before I find out if they're truly for me or not, and if I had bought them brand new, there might be an issue returning a visibly used pair of shoes. Even with a receipt.

This is another perk of thrifting. If you find something you really want to try, but don't want to spend the $$$, try to find it used. I know there are some of you going 'ewwwww' right now at the thought of used flip flops, but remember, I used 'barely worn' when describing them. Plus, I 'ran them through a hot washer.' Believe me, I'm not about to buy myself an icky pair of used flip flops. I DO have my standards!

I'll be sure to keep you posted, come flip flop weather, if my purchase was a success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment