Total Pageviews

Friday, March 29, 2013

Bangin' Bangle Friday 3/29: Thrift Store Two-Fer



I haven't felt much like blogging this week. Between the heavenly homegoing of Ron Bain, the beyond horrible excuse for Spring Break weather, and starting to get busy at work, I've been kinda MEH.

BUT! Today is GOOD FRIDAY! That means Sunday is EASTER! We need happiness! Bright, pastels and hopping chicks and bunnies!! Indigestion from finishing the kids' jelly beans! Ok, maybe that's just me :P

At any rate, today I bring you a springy bracelet duo. 99.9% composed of thrifted materials, I just love them. The only 'new' beads are the rectangles, bought at Meijer when they ran one of their frequent 40% off sales. These bracelets are a peachy pink, one of my favorite colors, and the combination just sings SPRING to me.

The rest of the beads came courtesy a bracelet and necklace from Goodwill. Often I will see a piece of jewelry there, and I'll be drawn to it because of it's beads, not the finished product. It's another example of VISION. The necklace especially wasn't one I'd wear..........it was a tight, choker size......maybe for a doll! Last night, during the nail biter OSU basketball game against Arizona, I transformed it into the beaded beauty you see here.

I hope Sunday finds you attending church and remembering Christ's Resurrection! Even if the weather doesn't cooperate, try to wear something that sings SPRING!! Have a fabulous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment