Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Toiletries Of The Aging Thriftnerd: Lip Care


When I was younger, I had nice, full, rose colored lips. That's one of the special gifts of youth.

As I've aged, the skin on my mouth has gotten drier, and......whiter? REALLY? Who wants white lips? I mean, NOT for Halloween!

When you're younger, and your lips are dry, you can just whip out your tube of Chapstick (if you can find it) and voila! Problem solved. Not so much when you're older.

For one thing, Chapstick can add your moisture back, but not your color. So, unless you want soft lips the color of Casper The Friendly Ghost, what are your alternatives?

I carry lipstick everywhere with me, but it's not the same, and the color (on the moisture wear lipstick, anyway) just doesn't stick around. It becomes annoying to reapply lipstick about every 15 minutes.

Revlon Lip Butter is about the closest compromise out there (budget speaking) for a successful cross between lip balm and lipstick. Alas, it too wears off way too fast.

I saw a commercial recently for Blistex Lip Vibrance. It's moisturizing lip balm, plus a hint of color, and SPF 15! At $2.99 a tube, a truly good deal......if it works.

I bought a tube this morning, and I am SOLD! Soft lips that stay soft, and color that harkens back to my teenage years! WOOT! Plus, you can reapply just like a Chaptick, and not every 15 minutes. The color and moisture last much longer.

My task for February will be getting a tube of this sweet stuff into every purse, pocket and place I haunt. It's that good. If Blistex would like reimburse me for my jubilent advertising, that's perfectly ok with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment