Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cutie Face Claire

When Claire was born, I was at a loss. Having had her brother 3 years before, I was used to boy clothes and toys. Boy stuff. Now I was thrust into the world of PINK OVERLOAD. 99.9% of the gifts she was given were PINK. They also were heavily encrusted with lace and roses. Is it any wonder this poor girl went through an 'all black' phase? Yeah, I'd rebel too.

With maturity comes moderation (sometimes), and Claire is back to giving equal time to girly stuff. Don't get me wrong, she loves sweats, yoga pants and comfortable clothing too, but at least twice a week she pulls out all the stops and puts together a gorgeous outfit that garners rave reviews. Keep in mind she's at school for 10 1/2 hours daily


.......I'd wanna attend in my jammies, personally. Girl, I'm proud of you. You work hard and look ravishing :)

Sunday she wore an especially cute outfit. I just had to take pictures and post them on my blog.

The dress was a vintage number from Goodwill she had never worn before. I didn't think her first wearing would be in the depths of a January cold chill, since it's sleeveless, but that's where our shared black cardigan saved the day. The dress sold for $5.99, and the cardigan is old and I don't remember the cost.........but it wasn't full price. She wore a string of pearls (thrifted) and her cz studs she got for her 4H State Fair outfit last summer.

Black stockings pulled the look together, and while I lobbied hard for her to wear her motorcycle boots (I'm all about putting a little 'rocker edge' on an otherwise ladylike ensemble) Claire decided she liked the way her legs looked in her homecoming heels. I had to admit, the finished product was stunning.

This look probably totaled well under $20. While it was worn for church, she could wear it just about anywhere and be perfectly appropriate. Weddings, dinners out, holiday gatherings, you name it.

I'm proud of my girl. I think she'll go far.

2 comments: