Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013



I have already discussed how much fun I had, back when I first started going to thrift stores with my Vegas bestie, Karissa. I mourned for years after we moved, because although I will always be a thrifter, the thrill was definitely gone for awhile. When Claire got older, I finally had someone else to thrift with (and laugh at ugly clothing with!). All things being what they are, I realize that while Claire enjoys shopping with me, nothing beats shopping with a bestie. And that's where our Kelli comes in.


No one has more fun than Claire and Kelli. They are truly like minds. Someone needs to publish a book of the great quotes and comments they make to each other. Not only does Kelli love Claire, for some reason she loves our family too, as cracked as we all are. She takes us at face value and enjoys every minute. How can you NOT love someone like that?

I don't know why it's taken us so long, but we FINALLY took Kelli to Goodwill with us last Saturday. What a blast! The two girls happily played in the racks all over the store, and each gathered up a armful to try on together. It was great to hear their happy voices giggling as they admired each other's clothing choices in the dressing room. I'm sure they were grateful for the other's input.

Claire and Kelli in their Plato's Closet finest for last year's Winter Formal

It's always fun (and valuable) if you can find a like mind to thrift with. They can tell you what looks fabulous, and what looks plain icky. I know Karissa and Claire have saved me from many a fashion mistake!

One of Claire's scores from last Saturday was this cute nautical stripe shell. She's been looking for one for ages. It's figure flattering and very of the moment. This is Spirit week at her school, and today was 'Mean Girl's Wednesday,' hence the pink scarf. Because, you know............'on Wednesdays we wear pink.' <3








No comments:

Post a Comment