Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Does Your Bling Make You Freeze?

Greetings from the frozen tundra of Central Ohio!! We're heading up to a high of 22 degrees today, and the sun is shining. That sure beats the pants off the 2 1/2 degrees (with a wind chill of -10) two mornings ago. Brrrr. Beyond brrrr.

On these chilly days, warmth (and as much of it as possible) is a necessity. Coats, hats, gloves and scarves are the couture of choice. There will be no shorts, flipflops or frozen drinks in the vicinity for a while. For me personally, that means no chandelier earrings or bracelets, either.

Yeah, I'm a big wimp. I don't relish the thought of popsicles hanging from my ears or wrists, which is how I view these particular articles of bling during the cold months. It kills me to go out so unadorned, but my comfort overrules my feelings of bling nakedness..........

When it's warmer, a pair of sparkly dangle earrings and my scarf make me look like I give a rat's patoot about my appearance. Throw in a nice bangle and VOILA! This chick cares how she's perceived by the public! Big belly laugh. Well, at least I appear that way.

Right now, I can't get enough of wearing my tiny gold ball stud earrings. Ditto my cz studs. They're both in heavy rotation. Even my tiny gold hoops are too much right now. Don't worry, they'll come out to play soon.

I hear we're expecting 50's by next Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment