Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Adapting My Bling For The Winter

It happens.  Birds fly south for the winter.  Retirees also head south.   We winterize our cars and boats, and swap out warm weather wardrobes for fleecies and flannels.   I have the added step of winterizing my work jewelry.

One of the least attractive aspects of my work life is my work wardrobe.  Roush has a dress code of black shirts/sweatshirts for it's employees.  I look like an extra in 'The Walking Dead' when I wear black, so this presents certain fashion challenges.  I don't have to look runway ready for work, but I DO like to look presentable........and not scare small children.

To that end, when I started working here, I began collecting my scarf wardrobe, with colors that highlight my skin tone.  Draped next to my face, I look almost human :).  Add in a nice pair of earrings, rings, my watch and (of course) bracelets, and I've been mistaken for Mrs. Roush several times.  I like to balance out the testosterone in this joint!

When the cold weather hits,  my short sleeved t-shirts don't cut it anymore.  It gets pretty cold here in the shop, so I don my black fleece zip up jacket.  Looks great with my scarves..........but my bangles?  Not so much.  They get lost and bug me when they catch on my long sleeves.

WHAT??!!  NO BANGLES UNTIL SPRING??!!  What a horrible thought!  I gotta have some arm candy to spice this place up!  I have collected some especially nice bangles in the last year............I can wear them other places this winter, but not to work :(

 
Beaded bracelets to the rescue!  They happen to fall at the right place on my wrist, so they peek out just over my sleeve and don't have to wrestle it for attention.

This is my latest creation.  They have these marbled beads in just about every color at Meijer, so I may have quite the rainbow for my winter bracelet wardrobe soon!

And if you have to dig me out of a 7 foot snowdrift?   My skin may be blue, but my bracelets will always be appropriate :)

2 comments:

  1. what a fashion statement! Love it just love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! your opinion especially means a lot!

      Delete