Total Pageviews

Monday, November 19, 2012

Non-judgmental Me and Black Friday

You guys have no idea how I agonize behind this scenes of my little blog.  I get excited about my frugal finds and want to share, along with my ideas about things, but I worry ALL THE TIME that I might come across as smug and judgmental.  NOT MY INTENTION AT ALL!!

The internet has a way of making people sound more stern than they are, and so I obsess.

That's the way I am with the things I've said about Black Friday.  I'm not a hater, really!

I admire people who plunge headlong into Black Friday with all the gusto I reserve for my thrift shopping.  They collect their flyers, make their strategy, brew that coffee, bundle up and GOOOOO!!  They enjoy the thrill of the hunt!  I say, good for you!  The retailers are working overtime to make sure you get some fabulous finds for your (considerable) effort and lack of sleep.  I will be thrilled to read each and every one of your FB statuses detailing your purchases.  I'm just like that, ya know..........love to share in other's happy finds!

I know that there are those of you out there who can't begin to  fathom why I enjoy thrift shopping.  You might be diehard Black Friday fans, so you need to think of my thrifting thrills in the same vein.  We aren't all alike (thank God, what a boring world this would be!), but we do need to appreciate the differences in others.  I have always tried to raise my children this way.  Rather than looking down on or making fun of others, learn from them and enjoy things you might not otherwise!  This skill is especially important in marriage: your husband's mom's mayonnaise and pickle casserole might be an acquired taste (one you've not managed to attain after 1000+ tries) but you can at least enjoy the zest with which your dear hubby tucks into it at Thanksgiving.  When others appear to enjoy what you do, isn't that better than sitting there sucking up the last remnants with someone sneering in your direction?

So, this Friday, shop with happy abandon!  Have fun and stay warm!  Enjoy the fabulous sales and be sure to take pictures and tell of your finds!  I'll be cheering you on...........when I wake up around noon :).

No comments:

Post a Comment