Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Goodwill Goodies 11/15

Those of you who are friends and have seen the fabulous finds that Claire and I wear from thrift shops know we find some GOOD STUFF.  Some things are ok, some things are good, and some things are SPECTACULAR.  The spectacular stuff are considered  'goodies' for sure!  Today I'd like to highlight one of our recent 'goodies.'

This is also a plug for visiting a thrift store more than once a week.  Luckily for us, our large Goodwill in Delaware is located on a very central roadway, where we visit a number of stores, so running in several times a week doesn't take us out of our way.  If it did, it just might negate any savings!

I had already visited our Goodwill earlier this week, and bought the nice bangle and ring for $3.  That was a quick, 5 min. trip, but I did manage to also visit the purses and shoes that visit.  Nothing stuck out except for the jewelry finds.

Last night, I had a little more time to shop, so I stopped back.  THIS time I found a pair of real leather boots in Claire's size for $4.99!!  Seeing as it's sometimes difficult to know exactly what she likes without her there, I took a couple quick cell phone pics and sent them to her, asking if I should buy them.  She sent back a resounding YES!

These boots are perfect for taking the beautiful spring and summer dresses in her wardrobe into 'year round' mode.  With her jeans or moto jacket, she will have fabulous outfits that are at once dressed up but also have an on trend edge that is very current right now.

I'm not quite sure why these boots weren't priced at $8.99, which is the usual price point for the nicer shoes and boots at Goodwill, but I wasn't about to quibble!


 
If I had taken the viewpoint 'I've already been in there once this week, and didn't find anything,' I would have missed out on true frugal fashion 'goodies!'  They have a gigantic turn around at this Goodwill, so the stock changes daily.  Walking out empty handed on a Monday, you MAY have a cartful come the following weekend!  It's certainly worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment