Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Beachy Bracelet Re-Do......Just In Time For Summer



When I remake a piece of jewelry, it's usually because I have a surplus of something on hand. Rarely do I go out and buy beads or other findings to make my new stuff. It liks making a stew out of leftover food you keep in the freezer......you wait until you have just the right amount of ingredients, and then you cook up something wonderful :)

I bought the unique pin (picture #1) from Goodwill. It's a piece of wood, with a painted scene of a girl on the beach, and below it hang three gold charms: a starfish, a sand dollar, and a shell. The charms caught my eye, and so I 'shelled' out $1 to buy it.

I have already mentioned the gold earrings with beautiful beads from Walmart. They are too heavy for me to wear as earrings, but they were $3 on the clearance rack, so I bought them, thinking the beads would make a gorgeous necklace or bracelet.

The gold chain (picture #3) was also $1 at Goodwill. It was at least 30 inches long, but I knew it was easily cut, with my wire cutter, and made shorter if needed.

All these items sat, while ideas for what to make with them percolated in my mind. Finally last Saturday, I decided to see what I could create. Off came the three charms (again, with the help of my wire cutter), as did the beads off the bottom of the earrings. That was an especially tedious job.

Originally, I beaded the three gold charms, along with the peach, turquoise and clear beads, onto the gold chain to create a necklace. It was a bit too fussy for me, so I cut it down into a bracelet. The final result pleases me very much. Simple but perfect for summer. Cost? $5. Fabulous!

The bracelet took me two Saturdays to complete. It helps that I could leave the bracelet, in it's unfinished state, on my computer desk. Then, I worked on it with tiny, free bits of time. Having to pack it all up in between would have been a huge bother.

Claire thinks it's Etsy-worthy. I love my girl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment