Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cubic Zirconia: Go Hard Or Go Home


A piece of good cubic zirconia jewelry is da bomb. If you make sure it looks as close to a real diamond as possible, you can snow everyone. Sometimes even a jeweler.

When I was a teenager, I liked my jewelry dainty. Precious little rings, earrings and bracelets were my forte. I also weighed 115 pounds, so anything larger might have sunk me. Lauren Conrad jewelry at Kohl's reminds me very much of my early jewelry. Very cute......but SMALL.

The older I get, the more I like the bigger stuff. I have yet to reach Elizabeth Taylor/Hope Diamond proportions, but I'm not ruling it out for my golden years. Hey, why wear the stuff if no one can see it. I wear my jewelry for ME, but it's nice to have bling that knocks you over every once in a while. Especially when you need a new prescription in your glasses.

I looked at this ring for a very long time before I bought it. It's from Palm Beach Jewelry, and of course it's not real. It's not even real gold. Almost 5 carats of CZ on that sucker. I would look at it and drool, and then X out the web page. While I was attracted to all the pretty bling, there was a big part of me that thought wearing this would make me fit right in with the blue haired little old ladies with oxygen tanks I used to see playing nickel slots in Vegas.

Finally one day, I decided to go for it. I'm awfully glad I did. It's so purdy and looks good on my hand. The gold even looks real. I know I'm not fooling anyone......I DO work in a lawnmower shop, after all.

But I sure dress the place up now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment