Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Skechers Tone Ups Flip Flops: Update



Hardcore readers of my blog (admit it, you exist) will remember how I happened upon a brand new pair of Skechers Tone Ups flip flops at Goodwill several months ago. I was excited, especially since these were $3.29 and they run new at least $50. I was eager to see if they were comfortable, worked my legs as advertised, and made a difference in my plantar fascitis.

Well, meh. My personal FYI is: save your money. I definitely gave them a trial run in all sorts of conditions, and I honestly didn't see one bit of difference between these and my regular pair of old flippy-flops from Kohl's. In fact, these were too big and ungainly for me. I have a real issue with wide strap sandals, as I think (on me, anyway) they say 'Old Lady' like nobody's business. I'm also tall, and the huge base on these suckers made me uncomfortably taller. I like wearing heels, but these? Not so much.

They didn't hurt my feet at all, but they felt a bit heavy when I walked. I didn't get a workout.

So, I am very glad I got these at a thrift store, and back they will go! I know I have heard several people say they found them very uncomfortable. I guess it's one of those things I had to experience for myself.

Now, give me a pair of Havaianas ANY day! THAT'S a flip flop!

No comments:

Post a Comment