Total Pageviews

Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday's Fabulous $5 Find


I got a $5 charm bracelet from Palm Beach Jewelry. The picture and the description said it was a 'moon and sun' charm bracelet. I love the moon! I love the sun! So, I ordered the bracelet.

I was delighted when it arrived, as the yellow gold looked real. The moon and sun were great! Only problem? There were also THREE (count 'em) hokey looking cherub charms. I was beginning to understand why the bracelet was $5 :P

Hmmm. What were my options?

1.) Wear the bracelet as is. Um, no. Mama doesn't wear cherubs.

2.) Take the 3 cherubs OFF the bracelet. Good idea, except now it looked kind of.........empty.

3.) Find some other charms to replace them

Good idea! I raided my jewelry box and found the perfect 3 charms.

Picture #1 is the charm Michael bought me the first Mother's Day we were married.

Picture #2 is the charm Brendan and Claire's father bought me my very FIRST Mother's Day. That thing has been on many chains and, as an added bonus, both kids teethed on it. Awwww.

Picture #3 is a tiny Black Hills gold charm my sweet mama bought me for Christmas one year. Like my first Mother's Day charm, that thing has seen a lot of 'chain' time.

All 3 of these charms had logged far too much 'solitary' in my jewelry box. I had often wished for a charm bracelet on which I could display them.

Thanks to the removal of a few ugly cherubs, I got my wish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment