Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Little Zen: DIY Bead Bracelet


It's a ton of fun at our house right now. Both kids have broken up with their significant others. I'm facing surgery for 'woman stuff.' I have a call into my doctor to see if she'll prescribe a diuretic for the 7 pounds of water weight I put on in the past 2 days. Michael twisted his knee somehow and has been hobbling since the weekend. All we need is a hearse and we could be The Munsters.

I don't put any stock in Eastern prayer beads, but there IS something soothing about stroking a smooth stone when you're agitated. I can see the attraction. This bracelet I put together last weekend strikes me as very zen and centering.

The aqua beads came from a bracelet I purchased at Goodwill for 50 cents. Attached to a tired piece of stretchy string, I loved the color and wanted desperately to make something with the beads. I had to put it aside until genius struck.

That hit a couple months later, when I bought a necklace on a leather cord from Goodwill for $1. I don't wear that style of necklace, but the rectangular lilac bead and it's buddies were so pretty, I knew I could use them on another jewelry project.

Voila! They look fabulous hanging from the (restrung) aqua bead bracelet! To my mind, it conjures up incense and tinkling bells and........peace.

I may need to wear this bracelet 24/7. Until things settle down at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment