Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jade Bracelet Duo & PATIENCE!!!



Forgive my shadow on the above pictures :P

Years ago, I bought the lovely jade bangle bracelet pictured in #1. I had admired the jade bracelets my nail technicians wore through the years. I especially liked that they were always form fitting, not huge. With my tiny wrists, bangle bracelet width is a big concern.

Web browsing on jewelry sites and Ebay produced enough knowledge to know I was looking at a fairly large amount of scratch to obtain the jade bracelet of my dreams. Like, more than my thriftnerd heart was willing to pay. I resigned myself to either never finding one or someday (SOMEDAY!) happening across one second hand.

Well, guess what? I found one at Plato's Closet. Not only was it jade, and $5, but it has a lovely patch of mottled brown, which to my mind makes it that much lovelier. And......it fits perfectly. Just enough 'bangle' for interest, and it won't fall off my hand :)

Now that I had the jade bangle, I ran into a new problem: green doesn't go with everything! I had to get creative with what I wore to incorporate that beautiful seafoam color. Pairing it with gold bangles worked sometimes, but I just wasn't getting the wear out of my beloved bangle I had envisioned. So, every now and then I was able to add it to a look, but it logged much more 'jewelry box' time than I would have liked.

Yesterday, I took Claire to Goodwill to get some 'Slaughter' clothing. She's going to church camp next week, and Slaughter is the game they play in a huge pit of mud. Since it's beyond messy, bringing two sets of clothing that can be immediately trashed is recommended. Usually we keep a bag through the year to stash ragged clothing, especially for Slaughter (we even keep old bras), but this year Claire didn't have anything, so we needed to buy some trash!

While we were shopping, low and behold, i found the above beaded, jade bracelet. It fits PERFECTLY, and the jade is complimentary to my beloved jade bangle. VOILA! I'm wearing the beaded bracelet today with my watch. I'm tickled pink (green?).

I guess the moral of THIS blog is: if you love something, but it doesn't go with anything, hold onto it! You never know when you're going to run across something that will be a perfect match :)

No comments:

Post a Comment