Total Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2013

Bangin' Bangle Friday 5/10: I 'Wooden' Lie To You



You would think, because I was born in Southern California, spent the first 10 years of my life there, feel most at home in the sand and the surf, and fervently believe I should have been born earlier so I could have fully participated not only in the Haight-Ashbury culture of 60's San Francisco, but also enjoyed and possibly fallen in love at Woodstock.......that I would REALLY dig a wooden bangle bracelet.

It's taken me years to find not one, but two that I really like. I've never been enamored of just a plain, wooden bangle, no matter the size. I don't know why. They are extremely mixable and stackable.

The common denominators in my two wooden bracelets? Not only did they both come from Plato's Closet, for pennies, but they have touches of gold. That kicks it up a notch for me. Never a fan of 'cutesy' yellow gold, but added to a dark, earthy bangle? NICE.

The bigger bangle stands well on it's own, and the smaller looks fabulous stacked with other bracelets, namely gold. I also mix it with turquoise beads, because there's just something very 'flower child/hippy/West Coast Chic' about that look. Not to mention a little Southwest flavor.......a throwback to my 6 years in Las Vegas.

Hmmm. I guess I didn't HAVE to be born earlier, to have an interesting, well traveled life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment