Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

Dimestore DIY: Emerald Statement Necklace



Happy Memorial Day!! This cute 'flag bow' ring retailed for $5 at Walmart, and they sold out quickly!! Love it and can't wait to wear it :)

Today's post is all about this breathtaking 'emerald' statement necklace. You're not going to believe this, but I got it a while ago off the Meijer jewelry clearance rack for........$5. I couldn't figure out why it was marked down so low! A quick perusal in the store gave up no flaws, so I bought it.

When I got it home, I went to put it on and......oh. THAT'S why it was marked down. The lobster claw clasp wouldn't open. At all. No amount of working on it with my many tools budged it. So, I hung it on a hook in my dresser jewelry box, and kinda forgot about it.

Until today. I was switching charms on a link bracelet, and saw that the necklace I was robbing a charm from had a very nice lobster claw clasp. BOOM. I retrieved the emerald necklace and PRESTO! A gorgeous statement necklace, worthy of any prom or formal occasion. This thing seriously looks like someone inherited it from their great aunt's vintage estate jewelry collection. At the very least.....worth $100.

When I showed Claire, she made the remark that anyone else might have said, 'It's broken! Oh well!' and thrown it away. What a waste! Putting this necklace away until a solution presented itself resulted in something Claire might very well wear to a future dance.

Seeing the possiblities. Using a little creativity. Saving money in the process.

It never ceases to be exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment