Total Pageviews

Friday, February 1, 2013

Bangin' Bangle Friday 2/1: Erin's Wish List

Yesterday, I wrote a whole blog about buying fabulous fakes that look like the real thing. That's one of the goals of this blog: rock the look with bankrupting yourself or living on Ramen. Today's blog deviates a bit from that outlook.

Sometimes, the only thing that will do is the REAL thing. Sometimes the price isn't all that much different from the look alike. Sometimes it's light years higher. Your mission is to see if having the real thing is better than the fake. For instance, how is a North Face fleece jacket, at over $100, any different than the nice JC Penney brand fleece on sale for $25? I have to wear a black fleece zip up jacket all winter long here at the lawnmower shop, and at the end of the year my elbows are starting to get shiny. Will paying more for the North Face prevent that? I would hope so! Hard to justify the price difference if the wear pattern turns out to be the same! I have a sneaking suspicion 99.9% of the people wearing a North Face at the mall aren't going on a Canadian snow expedition: they just want to wear the name brand. I honestly can't judge, because...........

I love Tiffany bracelets. You already know I'm a bracelet addict, but there's just something about a Tiffany bracelet that rocks my world. It's not ALL Tiffany bracelets though, just these 3........




For me personally, there just isn't anything like the feel and look of these bracelets. Love how they layer with a watch or another bracelet, love the weight.........just yummy.

Now, do I have one of these bracelets? No. I can't justify the price at this juncture of my life. I can't rule out that I'll ever have one, though. Someday, Michael and I may be living in 'we have enough to get by and a little left over' land, and then I'll consider making that big Tiffany bracelet purchase. In the meantime, it's awfully nice to daydream and drool over the pictures :)

By the way, I've lost 3 pounds. Baby steps, but in the right direction. So glad I'm starting this in the dead of winter, so maybe when Spring comes I look half way human in some warm weather clothing!

2 comments:

  1. I looooove Tiffany's! Love it!! But like you, I will not spend that kind of money, especially on myself. I am fortunate to own 2 pieces from there; one purchased from my mother, one purchased from a life long friend who has the means and likes to spoil me! :)
    But the bracelets...ahhhhh the bracelets....I long for one! You are exactly right about them. The weight, the layering, the sparkle, sigh.....
    I know one day, both of our dreams will come true and we can stop wishing. Until then....we can dream! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are we not meeting weekly? seriously, you are like my twin!! ooooh how nice to have moms and friends with means! they give the BEST stuff!! you go girl!! yes, one day we'll have a TIFFANY ARM PARTY goin' on!!!

    ReplyDelete