Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kitsch-Free Holiday Jewelry




Valentine's Day is a fabulous time to rock as much red and pink as possible. Today you can wear your giant red heart earrings and matching socks and strut your stuff. Until tomorrow. Then your over the top heart accessories seem..........sad. Or, they can make you look like an extra on 'Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.' I'm not talking the tiny, understated silver heart on a chain we gave Claire today. She can wear that forever and be classy. Not so much if we'd gifted her the 8X10 neon flashing number.

It's a free country, right? If you wanna wear your Valentine's jewelry every single day of the year, WEAR IT! Today though, my post does NOT apply to you.

I'm as celebratory as the next girl, but I prefer my jewelry to be something I can wear all year, without it screaming a certain holiday. Hence, I am always on the look out for things I can not only wear on Valentine's or Christmas, but also on the first day of summer. It all goes back to getting as much bang for my buck as I can.

The 'ruby' earrings in gold 'tiffany' settings were SUCH a win. I have always wanted rubies, but you really walk a fine line when you buy thwm in costume jewelry. The red color can seem a little 'off' if it's not real. Not these earrings. Sparkly to the max and a true red! Bonus? $3 on the Kohl's clearance jewelry racks. BOOM!

As much as I love these, I will not be wearing them with a red shirt or pants/skirt. That's too much red for me. Again, I know that's open to discussion and I won't judge anyone else for doing an all red ensemble. It doesn't work for me personally. I picture them more with a white shirt, as a pop of color.

The bracelet was also on the Kohl's clearance jewelry rack, for $6. Not only red stones, but also purple and gold. Perfect with the earrings! I am very happy with these pieces as I celebrate Heart Day. I love that I can wear them tomorrow, too.

A final Valentine's Day note......I know this holiday is hard when you don't have someone to celebrate with. I've been in that boat many times. If you find yourself single today, celebrate anyway! Eat your favorite food! Watch the tv show marathon that no one else can stand but you. Go see a movie, go out to eat, get yourself a manicure or a tattoo.......celebrate this day with YOU. After all, if you can't stand your own company, what will you bring to a relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment