Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sears? Yes, Sears!


Have you seen that commercial? Were you like me and thought it was just another last ditch effort on Sears' part to boost sales?

Were you a bit dismayed when you heard the Kardashians had a new line at Sears and swore never to set foot in the store again?

When I think of Sears, I think of the very first credit card I ever got. Back in the ark, everyone started out their financial lives with a Sears card. When my first husband and I bought our first house, we filled it with beautiful furniture from the 'scratch and dent' room at Sears. My former in laws bought us a washer and dryer from Sears, and those things ran for years and were beyond reliable. Remember the Sears Christmas catalog? It was required reading for my brother and I. I never understood why Sears carried Ouija boards. How could such a great company espouse the devil?

Anyway, not since I got that credit card have I EVER thought of Sears in terms of fashion. Their clothing looked like something from the "Golden Girls," no matter WHAT decade I stopped in. Pastel double knit polyester makes me break out in hives just thinking about it!

Last time I stepped foot into Sears, it was over a year ago, and Michael and I were in the market for a new stove. We found a really nice one in the 'floor model' sale area. That's how I think of Sears now: appliances and tools.

Fast forward to the present day. My hubby needed new work boots. He'd found some at Sears, and sent me to the mall yesterday to pick them up. I had to walk through the jewelry and purses to get to the shoe department.

THAT was a revelation.

Designer-look purses in lush fabrics and colors. Fabulous sale prices worthy of Kohl's. Absolutely beautiful jewelry and watches for rock bottom clearance prices. I have been looking for a (much) cheaper version of the Cartier Tank Watch in silver and gold, and found one reduced to $9.99!! It's spectacular! I will post a picture of it, probably for 'Bangin' Bangle Friday.'

I should have known things were getting better fashion wise at Sears, when Claire's bestie Kelli wore a beautiful formal to the winter dance that she bought there. Will wonders ever cease?

No comments:

Post a Comment