Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mascara To Make You Look Like A Million


All you Sephora fans, listen up: you don't have to pay a lot for fabulous mascara! All you have to do is head for your favorite discount store.

I'm going to be 49 this year. I've lived a long time. During a great deal of my existence, I've wasted countless tubes of mascara, looking for the one that delivered on it's promises. Although God blessed me with a sparkling personality and stunning sense of humor, I came up a little short in the eyelash department. Sparse, short lashes are my lot in life. So, I've always been in search of a mascara that would lengthen my lashes without clumping or driving me completely crazy. Or, bankrupting me.

I've bought the familiar pink and green tube of mascara for most of the years I've worn make up. It was ok, but nothing to write home about. I don't know exactly what it was that made me switch in favor of the the electric yellow tube shown above, but I'm very glad I did. Bought in Glam Black, this marvelous goop lengthens my lashes without clumps! I don't feel as if I'm walking around with weights on my lashes, either. This stuff is light.

I realize that you might be incredulous at this point, so I called in my make up expert, AKA Claire. My daughter has worn make up since she started dance lessons at 5, not to mention going into a cosmetology career, so she knows her stuff. She also has much nicer lashes than her optically challenged mom. She started borrowing my mascara this past week, as she had stashed hers in her make up box for the play at school. She LOVES this stuff! She's going to switch too.

When I went to buy her a tube, it was on sale at Kroger for $4.99. That's a pretty awesome price for good mascara. How much did that Chanel make up set you back?

As always, I recommend using an eyelash curler. Yeah, I know you can accidently pinch your eyelid, but with practice and the right mascara, you can have some fab looking lashes without wearing falsies :)

Lest you think I'm a Sephora hater, I'm not. I LOVE my Hanai Mori Parfums tote bag. It totes my stuff in style! Of course, I bought it for $4.99 at Goodwill...........


No comments:

Post a Comment