Total Pageviews

Friday, February 22, 2013

Bangin' Bangle Friday 2/22--'Tanks' For the Savings



Ah, the Cartier Tank watch. A sign of wealth and good taste. Jackie Kennedy Onassis had one. So classy, and they NEVER go out of style, which is a good thing, since the first watch above retails for &7,400.

I'll wait while you control yourself.

I have always been a big fan of the style of this watch. The price, not so much. I love the style of designer goods, but I also know a Timex is just as trusty, if not more so.

Timex and other brands of quality timepieces do a great job of emulating more expensive watches, but I never found one that had the easy going style of the Cartier Tank. Believe me, I've looked. Walmart and Forever 21 are two retailers that have beautful knock offs, but after years of searching, I'd still not found my heart's desire on their racks and websites.

Until this week, when I ran into Sears to buy my husband his work boots. And ran head first into a tableful of fabulous wannabees.

The second picture above is MY new watch. At $9.99, it's light years away from the thousands needed to purchase the Cartier Tank. However, I am thrilled with my purchase. It sits comfortably on my wrist and will go beautifully with everything I wear. The gold may wear off, but the replacement price will still go nowhere near it's designer counterpart. I could have bought 100 of these and not gone anywhere near that $7,400.

Good job, Sears. I'll add you to the line up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment