Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Goodwill Gold: Vera Bradley and Unity by Carlos Santana

My latest Goodwill run yielded some wonderful finds. 3 great books at $2.00 each, a large straw tote bag with leather binding for $4.99, and a brown crossbody with brass hardware, also for $4.99.

The best pieces? Two name brands that I bought far below their normal retail value.




First, the Vera Bradley cosmetics case. I needed one since the zipper on my dollar store case broke after one zip! This lovely case had a large, crusty dark stain on the side.........looked like Coke. It was marked $5.99, which is a true bargain since they retail brand new for $26.00. I wasn't going to be scared away by a little stain, either. Came home, rubbed regular laundry soap onto it, and threw it in the wash (love that about VB!). Came out clean and beautiful and fits all my essentials.

The shoes are Unity by Carlos Santana. They weren't even on the regular shoe shelves, but in a huge bin I had to dig through. WELL WORTH IT! They fit me perfectly and were $3.29. They retail new on average $78.99!! SCORE!! Made up for the fact that the beautiful pair of Minnetoka moccasins I also found were so large they fell off my feet. Boo. Hiss. The bling factor on these gorgeous flats are BLINDING. Oh yeah, I'm happy.

My total cost for this visit came to $27 and change. They give you a blue card that you can get stamped with every purchase of $10 or more, and I had a filled up card, so they took $10 off my order. I paid $18, and you know those two items alone would have run me over $100.

Tell me again why you don't like to thrift?

No comments:

Post a Comment